Sunday, May 19, 2013

DIY River Stone Planter



I was recently skimming through Pinterest when I came across this link, and though to myself, Hey! I can do that too! And with mother's day just a little while ago and father's day coming up I decided that I had found the perfect DIY gift for each of them.

This was actually a super simple DIY. After slyly convincing my dad to let me have his extra terra cotta pots, and armed with only my glue gun, I set to work. Here's how I did it:

What you'll need:

  • River stones (found mine at Dollar Tree, but can also be found at any craft store)
  • Hot glue gun
  • Plastic or clay planter



This project is pretty much a time consuming exercise in puzzles. All I did was, starting at the base of the pot, glue rocks on one-by-one. I found it really fun trying to find the perfect shapes and sizes to fit into each next place.


And before you know it you'll have a beautiful collection of unique planters. These are awesome to give as gifts or keep all to yourself. Since the first two, I've pretty much been making these constantly. 



Then all that's left to do is find some lovely flowers to compliment your new creation.



I really love these little guys, as my best friend pointed out, they look like little orange caterpillars. :)



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment